Date Published: 07/07/2020
On behalf of Bedford Borough Council
SUBJECT: PLANNED ROAD WORKS FOR LINCROFT, OAKLEY
We are writing to you to let you know that roadworks are due to start soon on the above road as part of Bedford Borough Council’s highway works programme.
The works will consist of:
- Footway Resurfacing/ Reconstruction on Lincroft.
The work is currently planned from 20th July to 4thSeptember 2020. Signs will be put up at the ends of the site which will provide the most up to date information if the programme changes.
In order to allow us to carry out the work quickly and safely we will need to close sections of the footway listed above between 8:00am and 6:00pm. Pedestrian diversions will be in place where possible.
Please note the following during the works:
- Please ensure that no vehicles are parked on the street during the periods listed above, including around 3 car lengths into any side roads. This will help us to resurface the footways quickly and efficiently. Note that any obstructive vehicles will be moved.
- Where possible we will try to make sure that you have access to your property or business at all times, but please note that there may be times when you may need to wait whilst site machinery is moved out of the way, or materials cool down enough to drive on.
- Access for emergency vehicles will be maintained at all times.
- Note that resurfacing materials are hot so please take care if walking, riding bicycles or walking pets on or near newly laid surfaces. All site vehicles are fitted with reversing beepers and flashing lights so please be careful when approaching the site and if possible ask for assistance in crossing the road if necessary to ensure that you are safe.
- Resurfacing operations are noisy and we apologise for any inconvenience that this may cause you. The works have been programmed in co-ordination with our Streetworks teams to ensure that they are carried out at the best times to reduce traffic disruption.
- We will liaise with our refuse collection teams to ensure that your bins are collected on the scheduled day of collection but please note depending on what operations are being carried out the bin collections may be delayed until later in the day, perhaps until 5pm in some cases.
If you wish to discuss working arrangements relating to this work please telephone the Highways Helpdesk on 01234 718003 or email us at. The helpdesk will direct any queries to the relevant officer to respond as appropriate.
Further information about any current or planned roadworks in Bedford Borough can be found on the websitewww.roadworks.org.
On Behalf of Bedford Borough Council